You knew your child becoming a teenager would be tough, but was it supposed to be
full-time silent treatment?
Your child always came to you before, but now they prefer to talk to a phone screen. You worry there is something going on but can't get them to talk about it.
They seem disconnected and distant and unwilling to share anything with you. Your efforts to get them to open up are met with frustration and annoyance.
There are more frowns than smiles and they seem less self-assured and confident.
You hate to see them this way.
Therapy is right for your teenager if you...
Want to see them get back to themselves
- Are ready for them to be more open and connected
- Embrace that your teen needs a space to express themselves
- Want the disconnect between you and your teen to end
- Are dedicated to supporting your teen
Therapy is right for your teenager if they...
Have asked for help
- Are ready to begin processing how they feel
- Resist therapy at first, but then seem more open to the idea
- Understand that working through their feelings can be tough
- Recognize something has been off
If these seem familiar, schedule your free consultation to get started!
My goal is to empower clients to feel their feelings instead of bottling them up. The disconnect and distance does not have to be forever. I will teach your teenager to be authentic and how to acknowledge what they are feeling. I will help them understand that the best way for things to change is to communicate what they want and need.
I don't want to become your child's best friend - I want them to know that I am here. I am here to educate them, to support them and to challenge them.
I have worked with many teenagers, and I am confident that I can build a trusting relationship with your child. By having me in their corner and as a sounding board, your teenager will be able to unburden themselves of things they find heavy.